Year 4 2021 - 2022
Welcome to Year 4
Miss Toomer and Mrs Henderson
Class Dojo is a great way for us to keep in touch with you. We post regular photos of the work we have been doing in school. There is also the option for you to upload things you've been doing at home. It's always great to see what you've been up to!
Our PE is Monday. Please can all Year 4 children come into school on these days in their PE Kit. Please ensure that your child is dressed in the correct PE kit.
The Spring term's World Knowledge theme is ‘Hourglass:The Sands of Time’. Over the term, we will be learning about the The Roman Empire and its impact on Britain in History and Mountains and Physical Geography in Geography. We will also be going on residential to PGL to take part in adventure activities.
Over the first Summer term, we will be focusing on non-fiction text 'The Manfish' that focus on our inquiry question. 'Can you have too much?'. We will be learning skills before writing our biography.
Over the second part of Summer, we will be focusing on writing a historical narrative based on the story, 'Escape from Pompeii'.
Over the first Summer term, we will be focusing on the non-fiction text 'Everest: The remarkable story of Edmund Hillary' that focus on our inquiry question. 'Can you have too much?'. This will help us build our writing skills ready for a biography.
This is the blurb:
Over the coming weeks, we will be working on our measurement skills and building on our year 3 knowledge of capacity, length and mass. We will also be revisiting skills have we have learnt in Year 4 to build our confidence. This will include addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
In Science we will be learning about 'Sound'. This will link with our world knowledge theme as we will concentrate on scientific investigation and discovery.
After we have finished our unit on sound, we will be focusing on electricity which will tie into our DT unit.
Things to Remember in Year 4:
- P.E. Monday with Mr Forbes
- Homework set on Friday due for the following Wednesday
- Spelling Test on Wednesday
- Five reads due in on Friday and this is when the coloured 'tray' books will be changed
- Five Times Table Rockstar practise
- Home Read books are changed throughout the week
- Crickweb (Literacy and maths educational games) (KS2)
- Fun Brain (Maths, reading and spelling games) (KS1 & KS2)
- Learning Games for Kids (Spelling and word games) (KS1 & KS2)
- PrimaryGames.com (Spelling rules, incl. vowels, blends, plurals etc) (KS1 & KS2)
- ICT Games.com (Look, cover, check game) (KS1 & KS2)