Year 5 2021 - 2022
Welcome to Year 5!
Mrs Meehan and Mrs Henderson.
Welcome back to the Summer Term 2021
Thank you for all signing up to Class Dojo to see what we have been learning about in class.
This is an exciting Summer term with so much happening!
Starting on Tuesday 27th April, we will begin our music lessons in which we will be learning to play a brass instrument. I am so looking forward to this as I think it is an amazing opportunity for all of us.
Our PE day is Wednesday morning. Please can all the children come into school on this day in their PE Kit. If it is a cold day, the children may wear plain black of blue jogging bottoms.
This term our school focus is Connected by Curiosity: Whizz, Pop Bang! We will be learning about famous inventors, what inventions have changed the world and what in the natural world raises our curiosity. We will also be focusing on UK and world geography linked to our World Knowledge.
This term in science, we are learning about properties of materials and how they can change. We will be comparing and grouping together everyday materials on the basis of their properties. Our investigations will be looking at reversible and irreversible changes, solutions and separating materials.
This term Year 5 are focusing on consolidation of the four rules of number. We continue to develop our problem solving skills, quick recall of multiplication and division facts and basic skills.
Our text for this term is “Queen of the falls.” The children will be focusing on writing recounts in the form of diary extracts, continuing to develop their use of correct grammar within their work, using inference in reading and participating in discussions.
- BBC Spellits (Spelling games) (KS2)
- BBC Bitesize (Spelling and grammar) (KS2)
- Arcademic Skill Builders (Literacy and maths games) (KS1 & KS2)
- Crickweb (Literacy and maths educational games) (KS2)
- Kids Spell (Create your own spelling lists & games) (KS1 & KS2)
- Fun Brain (Maths, reading and spelling games) (KS1 & KS2)
- Learning Games for Kids (Spelling and word games) (KS1 & KS2)
- Eduplace.com (Levelled spelling and vocabulary games) (KS1 & KS2)
- PrimaryGames.com (Spelling rules, incl. vowels, blends, plurals etc) (KS1 & KS2)
- ICT Games.com (Look, cover, check game) (KS1 & KS2)
- The Times Spelling Bee (Listen to a word and spell it) (KS2) (14 day trial: £1)
- Manythings.org (Aimed at ESL students but includes useful spelling & vocabulary games) (KS2)
- Spelling city (Vocabulary and spelling interactive activities, printable worksheets, games) (KS2)
Files to Download
Year 5: News items
There are no News items to display
Year 5: Gallery items
There are no Gallery items to display
Year 5: Calendar items
There are no Calendar items to display