Year 3 2021 - 2022
Welcome to Year 3 and Autumn 2020
Miss MacSween, Mr Bull and Miss Beardsall
In English this half term we are focussing on the text 'Seal Surfer' by Michael Foreman. It is the story of a boy and his grandfather who watch as a baby seal is born on the rocks near their home. From that day a special friendship is created between them. Despite his disability, the boy is a keen surfer, and he enjoys many afternoons surfing with the seals. One day, however, he gets into trouble in rough seas, and the young seal saves him. Does it sound like the type of story that you would like to read?
This half term we are going to be focusing on the following:
- Addition and subtraction: Formal methods linking to measures (m, cm, mm).
- Measures: Money problems in practical context: Finding change.
- Geometry: Angles, horizontal/vertical lines, parallel/perpendicular lines.
- Fraction: Solving fraction problems.
- Measures: Understanding capacity (l/ml).
- Statistics: Comparing data and solving one and two step problems using scales bar charts, tables and pictograms.
Don't forget to log onto Mathletics and Timestables Rockstars to gain a personal best or
compete against other children in our class or from around the world.
This term we are focussing on the History of Chester Zoo. We will be finding out the story and adventures of its 90 year journey. Have you ever visited the zoo? You may have some information you could share with us!
Year 3 will be having PE every Monday - don't forget to send your child to school in their PE kit!
We will also have PE on a Friday, so please make sure that your own clothes on Awareness Friday are suitable for PE.
Homework will be handed out on Fridays and is due in on Wednesday the following week.
5 Reads are due in on Fridays and this is when books will be changed.
- BBC Spellits (Spelling games) (KS2)
- BBC Bitesize (Spelling and grammar) (KS2)
- Arcademic Skill Builders (Literacy and maths games) (KS1 & KS2)
- Crickweb (Literacy and maths educational games) (KS2)
- Kids Spell (Create your own spelling lists & games) (KS1 & KS2)
- Fun Brain (Maths, reading and spelling games) (KS1 & KS2)
- Learning Games for Kids (Spelling and word games) (KS1 & KS2)
- Eduplace.com (Levelled spelling and vocabulary games) (KS1 & KS2)
- PrimaryGames.com (Spelling rules, incl. vowels, blends, plurals etc) (KS1 & KS2)
- ICT Games.com (Look, cover, check game) (KS1 & KS2)
- The Times Spelling Bee (Listen to a word and spell it) (KS2) (14 day trial: £1)
- Manythings.org (Aimed at ESL students but includes useful spelling & vocabulary games) (KS2)
- Spelling city (Vocabulary and spelling interactive activities, printable worksheets, games) (KS2)
Files to Download
Year 3: News items
There are no News items to display
Year 3: Gallery items
There are no Gallery items to display
Year 3: Calendar items
There are no Calendar items to display