Year 3 2020 - 2021
Welcome to Year 3 and Autumn 2020
Miss Toft and Miss Beardsall
We want to thank you for your continued hard word in these uncertain times with your home learning. We are so proud of everything you are doing an home to continue with your learning.
In English this half term we are focussing on the text "Fox" by Margaret Wild and Ron Brooks. Our writing outcomes will be to write our own fable narrative as well as looking at and beginning to use persuasion within our writing.
This half term we are going to be fociusging on the following:
- Addition and subtraction: Formal methods linking to measures (m, cm, mm).
- Measures: Money problems in practical context: Finding change.
- Geometry: Angles, horizontal/vertical lines, parallel/perpendicular lines.
- Fraction: Solving fraction problems.
- Measures: Understanding capacity (l/ml).
- Statistics: Comparing data and solving one and two step problems using scales bar charts, tables and pictograms.
Don't forget to log onto Mathletics and Timestables Rockstars to compete against your personal best or other children in our class or from around the world.
This term we are focussing on The Romans. We will be learning about Roman Britain as well as taking a more in depth look at where the Romans came from.
Year 3 will be having PE every Monday - don't forget to send your child to school in their PE kit!
Please remember that homework is handed out on Fridays and is due in on Wednesday the following week.
5 Reads are due in on Fridays and this is when books will be changed.
Our spelling test will be on a Wednesday.
- BBC Spellits (Spelling games) (KS2)
- BBC Bitesize (Spelling and grammar) (KS2)
- Arcademic Skill Builders (Literacy and maths games) (KS1 & KS2)
- Crickweb (Literacy and maths educational games) (KS2)
- Kids Spell (Create your own spelling lists & games) (KS1 & KS2)
- Fun Brain (Maths, reading and spelling games) (KS1 & KS2)
- Learning Games for Kids (Spelling and word games) (KS1 & KS2)
- Eduplace.com (Levelled spelling and vocabulary games) (KS1 & KS2)
- PrimaryGames.com (Spelling rules, incl. vowels, blends, plurals etc) (KS1 & KS2)
- ICT Games.com (Look, cover, check game) (KS1 & KS2)
- The Times Spelling Bee (Listen to a word and spell it) (KS2) (14 day trial: £1)
- Manythings.org (Aimed at ESL students but includes useful spelling & vocabulary games) (KS2)
- Spelling city (Vocabulary and spelling interactive activities, printable worksheets, games) (KS2)
Files to Download
Year 3: News items
There are no News items to display
Year 3: Blog items
There are no blog items to display
Year 3: Gallery items
There are no Gallery items to display
Year 3: Calendar items
There are no Calendar items to display