Year 1 2023 - 2024
Welcome to Year One - Spring Term
'Connected by Curiosity: Whizz, Pop, Bang!'
with Mrs Bolley
In English, we will be using the Story Box approach, which children first encountered in Early Years, to explore themes of our texts.
The Story Box ritual is drama-rich and engages leaners through provocations, requiring deep thinking, with a focus on raising the profile of oracy.
This half term, we will be using 'Hermelin' by Mini grey. We will be building up to writing our own detective story and letter.
Reading diaries and reading books will now be collected in on MONDAY and new books given out on Mondays. We will be completing on a Thursday so please ensure that reading records are in school everyday so that we can record what the learning that has taken place in guided reading. . Thank you for supporting your child with their five reads. The new books are designed to ensure children have a sound understanding of their phonics and have the opportuity to discuss new vocabulary with you.
- identify and name a variety of common animals including fish, amphibians, reptiles,
birds and mammals
- identify and name a variety of common animals that are carnivores, herbivores and
- describe and compare the structure of a variety of common animals (fish,
amphibians, reptiles, birds and mammals, including pets)
- identify, name, draw and label the basic parts of the human body and say which part
of the body is associated with each sense.
In Maths, we are following the Highfield progression of skills document.
PV:?? Count, read and write to 100
Read/write to 20 in numerals & words
AS:? Read, write and interpret statements/symbolsG: 2D shape
M: Length & Time
G:? 2D shapes
Identify, compare, sort, describe
G:? 3D shapes
Things to remember in Year 1:
- P.E is on Fridays.
- Try for five reads each week.
- Homework due Mondays and given out on Wednesdays.
Here are some links to websites that will help you support your child:
Year 1: Gallery items
There are no Gallery items to display