Year 4 2022 - 2023
Welcome to Year 4
Miss Toomer and Mr Jones
Class Dojo is a great way for us to keep in touch with you. We post regular photos of the work we have been doing in school. There is also the option for you to upload things you've been doing at home. It's always great to see what you've been up to!
Our PE is Monday with Mr Coleclough Please can all Year 4 children come into school on these days in their PE Kit. Please ensure that your child is dressed in the correct PE kit.
The Spring term's World Knowledge theme is ‘Fantastic Beasts: Tails, Talons and Teeth’. Over the term, we will be learning about the The Romans in History and Mountains in Geography. We will be also linking other areas of the curriculum to our theme this term.
Over our first Spring term, we will be focusing on the text 'Escape from Pompeii.' to link to our history knowlege. We will be writing a historical narrative at the end of our unit.
Over the first Spring term, we will be focusing on non-fiction texts. In shared reading we will be looking at the book 'Wild Child' to link to our world knowledge theme.
Over the coming weeks, we will be working on numerous skills:
- Fractions and decimals
- Multiplication and Division (Formal method of multiplication)
- Place Value (rounding numbers and estimating)
- Geometry (lines of symmetry)
- Addition and Subtraction (column method, applying to problems and measurements).
In Science we will be learning about 'Living things and their habitats' as it links to our world knowledge work.
Things to Remember in Year 4:
- P.E. Monday with Mr Coleclough
- Homework set on Wednesday due for the following Monday
- Spelling Test on Monday
- Five reads a week with reading diaries due in on Monday.
- Three Times Table Rockstar practise 3 times a week
- Home read books are changed throughout the week
- Tuesday reading diaries in for guided reading.
- Crickweb (Literacy and maths educational games) (KS2)
- Fun Brain (Maths, reading and spelling games) (KS1 & KS2)
- Learning Games for Kids (Spelling and word games) (KS1 & KS2)
- PrimaryGames.com (Spelling rules, incl. vowels, blends, plurals etc) (KS1 & KS2)
- ICT Games.com (Look, cover, check game) (KS1 & KS2)
Files to Download
Year 4: Gallery items
There are no Gallery items to display