Year 4 2022 - 2023
Welcome to Year 4
Miss Toomer and Mrs Stanbridge
Class Dojo is a great way for us to keep in touch with you. We post regular photos of the work we have been doing in school. There is also the option for you to upload things you've been doing at home. It's always great to see what you've been up to!
Our PE is Monday with Mr Coleclough Please can all Year 4 children come into school on these days in their PE Kit. Please ensure that your child is dressed in the correct PE kit.
The Summer term's World Knowledge theme is ‘Superheroes: Small Actions, Big Differences’. Over the term, we will be learning about Local History in History and Rivers in Geography. We will be also linking other areas of the curriculum to our theme this term.
Over our first Spring term, we will be focusing on the text 'Starbird.' to link to our main theme. We will be writing an explanation letter and Fable at the end of this unit.
Over the first Summer term, we will be focusing on fiction and non-fiction texts. We will be looking at a World Full of Animal stories at the beginning of the term.
Over the coming weeks, we will be working on numerous skills:
- Perimeter and Area
- Addition and Subtraction
- Times Tables
In Science, we will be learning about 'States of Matter'.
Things to Remember in Year 4:
- P.E. Monday with Mr Coleclough
- Homework set on Wednesday due the following Monday
- Spelling Test on Monday
- Five reads a week with reading diaries due on Monday.
- Three Times Table Rockstar practise 3 times a week
- Home-read books are changed throughout the week
- Tuesday reading diaries in for guided reading.
- Crickweb (Literacy and maths educational games) (KS2)
- Fun Brain (Maths, reading and spelling games) (KS1 & KS2)
- Learning Games for Kids (Spelling and word games) (KS1 & KS2)
- PrimaryGames.com (Spelling rules, incl. vowels, blends, plurals etc) (KS1 & KS2)
- ICT Games.com (Look, cover, check game) (KS1 & KS2)
Files to Download
Year 4: Gallery items
There are no Gallery items to display